This long over-due post is about me. This is my form of therapy and so I give you my “I” ‘s following a rubbishly unfair Summer*.
* My Summer was fun, it involved drinks, fun and quality time with my kids and husband BUT it also bought with it the impending doom and relentless positivity and despair in unison that Cancer brings – my kid’s Grampy, who means the world to us all is undergoing months of treatment, in isolation, in preparation for a bone marrow transplant next year. And it’s tough. But he is amazing and doing amazingly and we love him and can’t wait for him to be back fighting fit!!!!
** Header Photo is of my son and my dear, dear friend’s daughter. They are the best of friends and they had THE best Summer together. This photo makes me happy.**
Business has not been at it’s best, my health has not been fab (I’m talking chest infections and anxiety – no more) and panic attacks have been rife but I have been utterly spoilt supported and loved this Summer, so thank you, thank you, thank you to my loved ones!!!!
I have decided to address ‘me’ and accept ‘me’ because my kids need ‘me’ warts and all no matter what is going on around me. I am hoping that sharing this will make me ‘own it’ and move forward being ‘me’ and loving it ….
- I talk too much.
- I also type too much, when trying not to talk too much.
- I’m a wellness wannabe. I try hard to look after my mind, body and soul with little success.
- I’m good at talking about how knowledgeable I am at yoga despite not practicing regularly since having my 2nd child 4 years ago.
- I wear rose tinted specs most of the time despite often feeling bat-shite crazy anxious about the future.
- I’m OK. I’m very self-aware.
- I’m a Mum of 2 adorably annoying little beauts that make me laugh every single day.
- I’m a self-employed creative (keywords; self-employed/creative=bad combination)
- I’m a full-on university lecturer – I actually teach what I LOVE to the future fashionistas of this crazy ducked up consumer driven world.
- I’m not very good at swearing. But when I do people know I am fucked off.
- I’m also not very good at hiding anything – emotions, chocolate, money.
- I’m VERY good at sharing. Particularly Gin. Surprisingly Gin.
- I’m not very good at saving – anything.
- I have SUCH a rich life. I love my friends, my family, my home, my job, my dog.
- I don’t love mess, but mess happens.
- My ambition is to be that perfect mum-come-designer-come-wife.
- I’ll be me and hope it’s enough.
Feel free to share one sentence beginning with ‘I’ in the comments below.